Friday, August 5th, 2011 by Andrew Kuhlmann (See all posts by Andrew Kuhlmann)
The following steps will allow you to automatically log in to a SharePoint site which does not share your work stations Active Directory domain.
1. In Internet Explorer, click “tools” then click “internet options”
2. Click the “Secuirty” tab and then click the “Local Intranet” icon
3. Click the “Sites” button and then click “Advanced”
4. Type or otherwise enter the domain for the SharePoint site into the “add website to the zone:” input box and click the “Add” button
Next, as this is an external site you must store a credential for the site via this method:
1. Navigate to Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager on your Windows computer. This can be accessed either via the control panel, or by simply entering “Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager” into a My Computer window.
2. Click “Add a windows credential”
3. In the window that appears, enter your SharePoint sites domain.
4. Enter in your username/password.
After completing the above steps you should automatically be logged into the SharePoint site without needing to authenticate each time.